Tuesday, April 7, 2009

1 Week Old

Well we have made it a week and Kennadi is growing and changing everyday. She is a very good baby and only cries when she is really hungry and sometimes at night when I am trying to sleep. We are still trying to work on the breastfeeding and it is still a challenge, however we are working with a lactation consultant and trying to fix the problem. We are also trying to figure out how to keep her awake in the evening hours because it seems that she sleeps best then and then when we try to go to bed she wants to be awake. I am exhausted and am trying to get rest but with all the visitors it is hard to take the breaks I need. Next week should be a little slower when Chris goes back to work and I can concentrate on trying to get her on somewhat of a schedule. I am healing well although it is a slow process and I am still sore from the C Section. Everyday gets a little easier to get around so I am looking forward to when I can do things myself again and get some much needed exercise.







3 comments:

  1. She is a cutie-pie!! I hope that you get some well deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - don't even dare to worry about exercise yet! Just take care of yourself and REST (easier said than done right?)

    She is so so precious. I am really happy for you guys. Such beautiful dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Babywise? It worked wonders to get Tyler on a schedule, he was sleeping 10-6 after 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete