Monday, April 13, 2009

Well we have made it almost 2 weeks. Time is flying by but I think that's partly because my brain is blurred by lack of sleep and I am pretty much a zombie most of the day. I find myself torn between getting housework done and trying to sleep while she does. I know what I am supposed to do, but the house is such a mess I feel like I need to get that done too. I never get very far though because she hasn't been sleeping for long periods of time the last couple days. She has been having some tummy issues which the lactation consultant says is just what happens at her age. We are anxiously waiting for that stage to pass. Most nights she sleeps for about 3 hours at a time and wakes to eat. For the first feeding she goes back to sleep pretty well but for the second one she is wide awake and fussy.

Chris went back to work today and I am missing the help already! It was nice having him here to do things. Hopefully tonight when he gets home Kennadi will be happy and I will be able to get away to the grocery store for a while and leave her with him. I never thought I would look forward to grocery shopping but right now just getting out of the house alone is an exciting prospect no matter where I go.
We are still having feeding issues and the lactation consultant is as perplexed about it as we are. She knows how to eat and there are no other apparent issues, she is just stubborn. So we are still working on it and letting her get used to it for a couple more weeks and then we will see what changes need to be made again. It is getting old struggling with it but everytime we have a good feeding it renews my hope that we will be able to do it eventually.

Yesterday for Easter we went to our friends' house for brunch. They have a 2 month old daughter and another couple that came has a 6 month old daughter so it was fun to see the girls all together. I enjoyed being able to sit down and talk to friends finally and they had a lot of good advice for what we are going through so it helped!
I added some more pictures below, I can't believe how fast she is growing everyday! I think her cheeks have doubled in size, they are so chubby and cute!
Easter photo shoot









First Walk




She always touches her face when she sleeps





First nap in her crib, it was short lived due to the trash pick up making too much noise (note to self: naps on Monday's in the living room)








First Easter





3 comments:

  1. We had to use micalin drops for tyler because his tummy always bothered him too and that seemed to help a lot... they have that pretty much everywhere! I hope feeding gets better... I remember feeling so unable to do anything for the first few weeks, but time somehow continued to pass, don't worry, just spend time taking care of yourself and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are preaching to the choir sister!! don't worry, things do get easier. you need to get sleep because the house can wait. Isn't it funny how going to the grocery store becomes a place that isn't so bad when you have a kid and can go alone?! when i get back, i will come over and watch her while you sleep or if you want to go the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few things
    -if it's gas that's bothering her the gas drops did help for us!
    -i LOVE your car seat and crib patterns! so cute!
    -i wouldn't have survived without my noisemaker (or a fan) in the nursery! my girls sleep SO much better with white noise in the background, and I don't have to worry about the door/phone/etc.
    -she is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete