Friday, July 31, 2009

Updates

1st Meal! We decided to start giving Kennadi a few bites of whole wheat cereal during the evening so she can get used to eating before we start on real foods. Everything I read was saying that once they can sit up with assistance and once they start watching you eat and showing interest while you eat, they are ready for solid foods. We are starting slow but she loves it. She didn't spit it out or make a weird face or anything, she just swallowed and opened her mouth for more. She is a good little eater!
Trying to eat the sun, she is very persistant but then gets mad at it and yells and when I pick her up after a while she gets even more mad because she wants to play but she wants the toy to cooperate. She is a feisty little one.



On Monday I took Kennadi to her first concert. Mercy Me, which is a well known Christian band, was playing on base at the beach for free. Chris had to work but I still really wanted to go so I strapped her to my front and put a backpack on my back and we went. It was awesome! Kennadi did great, she loved the music and loved watching all the people, she was so tired by the end of it but she was fighting sleep so hard so she could watch everything. There were a ton of people there, lots of Marines and their families and it was so nice to see. Before the concert Kennadi and I were watching the kids play in the water and a lady came up and said she wanted to take a picture of us because it was the cutest thing she had seen in a long time.




Trip to Barstow:
It was Chris's grandma's birthday so we drove up to Barstow for the day and had an early dinner. It was good to see family and of course they were excited to see Kennadi.


Kennadi and Grandma


Great-Grandpa playing
Kathy and Virginia


Great Aunt Kathy with Kennadi


On the trip there she was trying very hard to get this ball in her mouth



Pool Party:
We were at a friends house for a pre-deployment pool party all day. The girls did awesome, they swam and played and we didn't have any melt downs till the end of the day when they were both just done and ready to go home, Heather and I all but had to drag our husbands out of the pool, the whole day was a lot of fun!Kennadi loves her new toy, we found it at a used kids store. It folds up and you can carry it very easily and then she can play and sleep in it and it bounces as well; it also keeps her out of the sun. We brought it to the beach and the pool and it makes life so much easier!

Our friend Nick feeding Kennadi. At first he was holding her and she got really upset so to redeem himself he gave her a bottle, she liked him after that.


The guys playing some game with a ball, they had a ton of fun.



All tuckered out and napping





Playing in the crib. I checked on her in the morning and heard her sucking so I looked into her crib and she was trying to shove all of her fingers into her mouth. It was so cute, once she saw me she got the biggest grin on her face.






I asked Chris to watch Kennadi while I showered, I came out and found this. Not sure what I think of my 4 month old playing video games, she seemed to just like to play with the controller.




This is at Heather and Seth's house. Payton and Kennadi love to play together, Payton laughs at Kennadi and grabs her, Kennadi just stares at Payton. It is so funny to watch.













No comments:

Post a Comment