Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Tooth!

Last Saturday Kennadi got her first little tooth! We were playing and she bit my shoulder and I felt something hard in her mouth. I realized she had a tooth in there! It was tiny and barely visible but we saw it for a second. She still only has that one bottom tooth and it is growing bigger everyday, the other one is right under the surface and hopefully will pop out soon. She ran a fever and had a runny nose for 2 straight weeks but seems to be doing a bit better now, hopefully the worst of the teething is over until the top teeth decide to come in!

Kennadi is 6 months old tomorrow! We cannot believe it, half a year has gone by. She is growing so fast everyday and changing every time we turn around. She rolled from her back to her tummy a couple of times yesterday and is scooting all over the place while she is on her back. She is becoming mobile but is still at the stage where she can't get very far so it's nice. She is so much fun now and wants to play all the time, she loves it when Chris and I both play with her together, she laughs and plays and goofs around, it is a lot of fun.

Chris is still working hard and long hours but I think we are more used to it now. Of course right when we get used to it he is switching to nights so it will be a whole new schedule to get used to. I am starting to volunteer at the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society this week. For now I am doing once a week for a few hours but eventually I might do more. They pay for daycare and mileage so at least I am not paying someone to Watch Kennadi while I volunteer. This will get her into daycare (the same one she has been going to) and me out of the house and adding something to my resume until I am ready to start work. I am excited to see where it goes and if I like it. I hope everyone is enjoying the Fall as much as I am, this is the first day it didn't hit 90 degrees in a while so I am loving having the windows open and getting some cool air for once. Take care!

Laughing in her jumper



Kennadi's new playroom! We moved the big dining table into the other room by the kitchen and switched the entire living room around so the back on the couch is separating this space from the living room and then we put all of her toys in here. Now all I have to do is put a gate blocking the kitchen and another one blocking the living room and she will have a safe place to play. I can see her from the kitchen or the living room so I can keep an eye on her. So far she loves it but right now if she can see me she wants me to play with her or hold her, so when I am getting stuff done I try to stay out of sight. She is starting to play by herself and keep herself busy for longer now, usually I talk to her from the kitchen while she babbles from her playroom. Right now all it is is a bunch of baby toys but hopefully in a couple months we will get her some shelves and big girl toys that she can play with and it will be more fun for her. It is really nice for Chris and I to have a living room without baby toys all over it too! We have also had a lot of play dates and Kennadi's friends love the room too, she is starting to interact with other kids more so it is fun.


Eating a teething biscuit



Poor teething girl


Every time I take the camera out she makes a funny face, this time it was like she was growling at the camera

Bath time is so much fun for her now that she can sit up and play with toys. Although of all the toys I have tried to give her she likes this cup and the washcloth the best.

Kennadi recently figured out how to splash, it started in the pool but now she does it in the bath as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment