Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random Update

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, we have been very busy!! Not much is new in Kennadi's world, she is still just sitting up, still teething, and really just a happy baby. I love spending my days with her, she is a lot of fun. A couple of weeks ago we went to Mammoth for Chris's backpacking trip, he had a lot of fun backpacking and I had fun hanging out in town. Kennadi met a lot of people that she hadn't met yet so that was nice. Mainly we just hung around and ate all the yummy Mammoth food while we were there. We were able to go on a hike around the Horseshoe Lake with my dad and Shelby and that was a lot of fun, Kennadi enjoyed sitting in the backpack on Chris's back and she was making all kinds of noises for the first while. I don't have those pictures yet but as soon as my dad gets them to me I will post them. Same goes for Chris's backpacking pictures. I of course plugged in my camera the night before we left and told myself I wouldn't forget it, when we got there I realized I did indeed forget it. I have learned time and time again not to trust my horrible memory but I still don't write myself notes. So I borrowed my moms camera for the week but didn't take as many pictures as I normally take. Although every time I turned around my mom had it out and was taking pictures, I think Kennadi will forever remember both of my parents as the people with the flashes in her face. At least if she is famous someday she will be used to the paparazzi:)

Other than Mammoth we have had a lot going on here as well. I started MOPS ( Mothers of PreSchoolers) which has been fun and Kennadi does really well in the daycare there. We have also had a lot of play dates and generally just a lot going on. This week I have started focusing on Kennadi's sleep/eat/play schedule and in just 3 days I am seeing a MAJOR improvement in her. I have made sure to let her put herself to sleep, she cries and I go check on her occasionally to let her know I am there but she puts herself to sleep. The first day took 45 minutes, today we were down to about 10 seconds. So hopefully she gets used to it and I can put her down for naps at around the same time everyday and to bed around the same time as well so she can be on a schedule. The last couple od days she has also taken 1 and 1/2 to 2 hour naps which is so unlike her, usually she catnaps. I figured since she is almost 6 months old and not taking naps just anywhere anymore, we needed to work on it. For the next few weeks I am trying to stay at home with as little interruptions as possible so she can get on a good schedule before we have any disruptions that set us back. Eventually I know there will be disruptions but if she is used to the schedule enough she should be able to bounce right back. Last night I went to Zumba which is a dancing workout class on base, and Chris stayed with Kennadi. She did her normal little fussiness but when I got home she was in bed very close to being asleep. It was great! She is getting used to bedtime and she let Chris put her down which is awesome. I will be doing that every week on Chris's night off.

So other than that not much is new, Chris's half marathon is Saturday so that should be fun. The weather cooled down for a while but is supposed to climb back into the 100s this week so I am not looking forward to that. We will survive though! Anyways, here are some pictures, more to come when I have time:)





The other day I laid her down and she was upset. The first thing she does when she is laying down is grab her legs or feet. Well this day she was so tired she couldn't fight sleep so she literally just stopped crying and dosed off while still holding her legs. I watched it all on the monitor. I couldn't resist taking a picture even if she might wake up. She stayed like this for about 20 minutes until she dropped her feet.

Kennadi's favorite game: Chris drops a pillow onto her tummy, she cracks up. It pretty much works anytime even if she is fussy.

The new face: She started scrunching her nose and breathing in and out, it is so funny. I put a video of it below too.







Mammoth

Nana's house has all kinda of new and fun toys for Kennadi to play with. She was busy all week.



My mom as feeding Kennadi a bottle and Drake came in and decided to try to feed her. It was so cute how concentrated he was on it. Every time he saw her pacifier he would run to her and try to shove it in her mouth as well.

Fun play gym, she loved the piano on it, I think I want to buy her a little piano for her playroom, maybe she will get one from us for Christmas



She loved the chair, she played with toys and ate and was able to watch me in the Kitchen the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment