Tuesday, September 1, 2009

5 Months Old!!

Kennadi is officially 5 months old as of yesterday. The first year is flying by so fast we can't keep up! We have been quite busy in the last few weeks trying to survive this heat, the pool has been a lifesaver. Kennadi is still teething and the last few days have been quite trying, but overall she has been a very happy baby. She is almost sitting up, she leans over a little bit and supports herself with her hands but she is getting stronger everyday. She can also stand while holding onto things like the coffee table, but I obviously have to prop her up to get her to stand that way. She is growing like a weed; I am constantly going through her closet to put more stuff into storage that doesn't fit her anymore, the clothes she is in I remember looking at while I was pregnant and thinking it would be forever before she fit into them. Time does fly when you're having fun!

We are heading up to Mammoth this week for Chris's backpacking trip, it will be soo nice to get out of the heat for a while. I may never leave. Well at least not until this heat wave is gone and we can get our nice moderate weather back.

Anyways, here are some pictures from the last few days of activities:

First Zoo Trip:
My dad and Lynda were here for Braden's graduation from his navy school this last weekend so after the graduation we went to the zoo. It was sooooo hot!! I complained more than Kennadi did, but we were all very hot. She did well for the most part in the stroller but had a few times she wanted to be held. She only slept for about 20 minutes all day in the stroller which was not enough sleep so she was really fussy during dinner that night but we survived. We had a good time despite the heat though and I am glad we went.


I was jealous of the polar bears swimming in the nice cold water, but then I thought that was a little selfish since I get to go home and do whatever I want and they are stuck in the zoo


Braden with the lion

Short little nap, I wish I could sit in the shady stroller and sleep while people wheeled me around!

My dad and Lynda in the lion area, we took refuge in the shade for quite a while, it was hard to get off the bench and walk back into the sun.

On the gondola, Kennadi loved the wind in her face (I don't know what is wrong with some of these pictures and why they look all weird and pixilated, something for my dad to fix not me:)


She was very interested in her surroundings but I don't think she cared one way or the other about the animals.


I was cleaning up Kennadi's room the other night and I took out the johnny jump up and put it in the doorway. Chris played with her for a while and she was cracking up swinging. I was taking a few pictures and this was the look she gave me, it was classic.

I decided to try a sippy cup with some water, so I got a starter one. Kennadi has never seen a sippy cup used before, but she knew exactly what to do. I showed it to her and she got all excited and grabbed it and put it in her mouth. I had to help her hold it up but it was funny that she was so excited about it.

Attacking the caterpillar



Her favorite toy

This is her sitting a couple of weeks ago, she is much better now.

It was so hot the other day (103 degrees) we had to go to the pool. She hadn't slept all day because no one can sleep in a house that is 90 degrees inside, so we went and she sat in her toy for a while and then I looked and she was out. The cool water finally put her to sleep. It was a short nap since I didn't want her to just sit in the chlorine all day.



We have been going to a play group in our neighborhood which is awesome because I have met tons of other moms that live here and we don't have to drive anywhere and use gas. This week we all went to the botanical gardens because they have one free day a month. It was beautiful, I didn't even know it was there. It is a lot of fun for kids who can walk and play because they have all kinds of fun play gardens. Kennadi was content watching them play. We also met another little girl there names Kennedy (spelled the right way). It was the first one I have ever met other than mine so it was cool! The other little girl also told me there is also another Kennedy in her school that is a little older and a little taller. She was so talkative and cute it was funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment